lol and wtf.
So its a long weekend and Malls are packed with SALE!!!! Is that a good news or bad news? well for me its a little bit in between haha. I am so happy of the things I have hoarded since the sale. BUT my wallet isn't and my Mom will not be happy for the hoard. :( I bought a cute plaid top and a dress from Forever 21. Both of them I got for only 650! That’s last Tuesday. And today, I still went to the mall and hoarded. Here are the things I got:
1. Watsons Power Toothbrush – Been lemming on this for a long long time already since I saw Michelle Phan’s aspirin video lol. but cant do that right now cause of allergies. It’s an alternative to Oral B's since the latter is expensive. This one I got for 199. ON SALE! will just buy the refill if I like it for my teeth.
2. Clear Soft Shampoo – Oh well I know. Parabens are here but this is the only shampoo that likes my hair! :( in my organic shampoo, my hair becomes dull and dry. Fortunately Clear Shampoo never failed to revive my hair. One consolation though: it doesnt stay on the scalp cause we wash off the shampoo after so go ahead and use it lol.
3. VMV Hypoallergenics Cheeky Gorgeous-Flush Blush in Cabana Cutie. - WOW that long. Anyway, this is my second purchase of VMV product. The first one is their 2 Way Foundation Illuminants in Dessert. AND WOW it does wonder in my face. It really made me glow. The SA put a blush on me while testing the foundation and I’ve liked it. It’s true to its name: GORGEOUS FLUSH. Great for oily skin type because its matte and doesnt have any sparkles or glittery as opposed to other blushes. Hopefully will make a detailed review next time.
4. VMV Hypoallergenics Spring Cleaning Purifying Facial Wash SuperSkin Care 3 for Oily Skin – YAY long again. I will change my facial wash from Dessert Essence Thoroughly Cleanser Facial Wash (from Healthy Options, 200+) to this one. I’ve always been interested to try their skin line since my skin loves their cosmetic line. And yes Im OILY now. I was a COMBI before. sad but its okay hehe. Facial Oil is a natural Anti-Wrinkle serum.
5. Mediplast First Aid Tape – Uhm for my fingertip eczema when I clean my nails with acetone. Have to protect them to avoid flares. Think Michael Jackson’s finger tape statements. :)
Next one, I bought in Robinson’s Supermarket here in our province.
1. Olay White Radiance SPF 19 (Old Formula) – BOUGHT TWO! actually I have one already and its not yet finished but I was so afraid I wont be able to buy it again cause this product is already phased out! SAD. The new formula sucks and it smells horrible and it didnt do any wonders on my skin unlike this one. Its creamy and doesnt sting. My skin loves it!! PHP 99 each only!
2. St Ives Apricot Scrub – Influenced by Michelle Phan again. This scrub is always present in our house before and not until Michelle said its good, I have no plans of using it. Hmmm lets see but trying it now is not a good time. Allergies yes. Bought small tube as a tester.
3. Two Gypsy Headbands and one Hair Crunchie – Look how the metallic one is:
GORGEOUS!! I feel like GG. :P
4. Oral B Satin Floss – uhm random hehe.
5. Hand Gloves – Uhm okay I love Michael Jackson but no its not to the extent of using this as my expression of love. LOL. this is for my eczema and allergies. I am scratching like hell and the gloves will prevent me from scratching too much. Of course to moisturize it as well.
Okay that’s it. Hopefully to make a review again next week.
ME? Never a fan of lotion. I hate the icky feeling that any lotion gives. Being an oily skin myself, I already have enough oils in my face so I cant bear to have another greasiness in my body. But since I am kikay lately, I decided for a change. Why not try these whitening products in the grocery stores? They’ve been recommended by a lot in the Girltalk forum. That sounds believable, Isn’t it? :)
A. The first lotion I have tested is Maxi Peel Exfoliating Lotion.
Lets check out what they have said in their website:
PROs: Love the smell, CHEAP!, NOT THAT GREASY, has a salicylic acid which doesn't promote acne break outs.
DID it whiten my skin? I don't know. For me it was more of a lotion and sunblock to me.
CONS: I think I saw phenoxyethanol. (Harsh preservative), UGLY packaging, LOW SPF
I have finished two small bottles and I bought a big one but consumed halfway cause I’ve decided to change and try other products which has a more SPF content. And by the way when they said, INTENSE SUN PROTECTION, that’s BS. Cause SPF 10 is tooo low at the moment. If Caucasians will use this, they will BURN!
B. So my second experiment is Skin White Glutathione SPF 20.
SkinWhite Glutathione Lotion
PROs: CHEAP! I bought the smaller one. (88+) Big applause for the SPF 20!
DID it whiten my skin? I don't know. BUT READ THE CONS.
CONS: BAD PACKAGING, BAD SMELL, IT LEAVES A HEAVY FEELING IN THE SKIN ANNNNNNNNND The precursor of my SKIN ALLERGIES!!!!!!!!!!
I only used it twice. I have tried it for the first time in my arms in lower content and I added Witch Hazel on it. NO sting, NO rashes. BUUUT.
The second time I have used it, it was last August 22. I decided to put it all over my exposed skin. Arms and Legs. Thank God I didn't put in my neck. I still included Witch Hazel thinking it will protect me if ever I will experience anything. BUT it didn't protect me. The night after that, I experienced itching on my elbows. The part where I put too much. August 23, I ate to a Japanese store and didn't mind much about the itchiness.
August 24, I’ve got these bumps (as seen in the pic) in my KNEES (I also put too much on this) and they are SOOOO itchy! Around afternoon, it spread in my legs, I scratched and I felt these measles like rashes! *goosebumps*
I blamed the Japanese food cause I ate Shoyu Ramen and I found out that Shoyu Ramen has a 1tbsp or SAKE (Japanese Rice Wine) and I am allergic to alcohol. August 25, I woke up really feeling bad and my eyes are swollen too. I went to the hospital cause my grandma’s been bugging me to have a check up. A dermatologist checked me and said that they have developed into pustules (eww) and they have hairs which means they developed into hair follicle and so its probably something I have put which rejected my body or skin. She believed that the lotion did it not the Japanese FOOD. The food might aggravate it maybe but since I was already itching the day before my Japanese food trip, the lotion is more of the suspect.
Gosh, you dont know how hard it is to have these bumps. I am itching as I type this entry. My first entry after a long hiatus and yet I encountered this one. :( Anyway, I was prescribed a steroid cream and anti histamine. I don't see any improvement yet cause I still itch. The meds are for 7 days. I hope I get well cause ugh…they are so unsightly.
OH I have to stop everything. Including my whitening soap. I will only use Ivory and no harsh chemicals in my body until these subsides. Including the Jojoba Oil – which I am trying not to remove cause its love. <3
NOT RECOMMENDED. No need to rate its way below for me. Beware of the Whitening Lotions available in the market today especially if you have a sensitive skin. I didn't know I have until I was checked by my derma. Do have a skin test at the wrist or insides of the arm first but they are not really accurate I believe so better yet, stay away from whitening lotions first if you don't want to end up like me with all of these bumps in my arms and legs. But what didn't work for me may work for you. So its your choice to use it and take the risk. :)