Cosmetic and Make Up Reviews Recommended Products Skin and Isotretinoin Update Freelancing Diary Hauls and more Look good!

Monday, March 22, 2010

[Review] Shiseido Tsubaki Shining Shampoo

DSC07499

The first two paragraphs are just a long intro. Skip to paragraph 3 for the review.

Hi Girls and Guys (if any guy really reads my blog), how are you all doing? I know, I know its been a looooong time since I posted an update. The reason is, I am currently in Singapore and really enjoy my time looking all the beauty products. UNFORTUNATELY, I only have to settle with looking cause darn, the next thing I know, I'm short of money already haha. Gosher this place is so expensive. Why am I here? I am here for a short vacation and also to look for a job just like any Pinoy’s out there hehe. Uh-huh I am aware of the discrimination against Pinays but that’s not going to stop me from earn a living here hehe. I’m with a relative with a PR wife so that saved me a lot of money already for the rent and food.

How is my oDesk job? I basically didn't completely abandoned it but rather, I asked for a temporary leave. Thankfully, my buyer is really kind and understood my situation. SO basically I am not earning right now and I am here in Singapore spending money everyday and getting a big shock of my lifetime (cause of loss of money hehe) Take note: I bought my plane ticket and shop around using my oDesk money. WOHOO. I always go to the beauty shops especially to Sephora, Sasa (KR shop), Watsons, Guardian, John Little and other thrift shops.  But I only window shop cause damn, if you really want to buy then you need lots of $$$$$$.

DSC06755Moving on to our Shiseido Tsubaki Shining Shampoo. I have known this shampoo since 2007 because of Yamashita Tomohisa (Yamapi) Quick history: I am a wild fangirl of Japanese Boybands back then before becoming obsessed with beauty products. HAHA. Yamapi is like an ultimate crush back then (well until today but I am not that wild as before haha) So one time, he sent a photo of this on his Jweb (a cellphone based blog) and telling his followers that he uses this and it really makes his hair soft and great. Basically, I am convinced cause of him. You know how fangirls blindly follow their idols right? Initially I don't really intend to buy this here in Singapore but when I accidentally went to John Little, I saw this on the shelf and it was sold for SGD 18 with a travel bottle of Shampoo and Conditioner. Pretty cheap in my opinion because I thought this costs about SGD 40-50 or so…Well based from what I read before in Livejournal. So I bought it quickly since I am trying to save my blonde highlights. Yeah I want to look like a Gyaru haha. Quite a success cause when I was in a bus one time, somebody told me, “Do you need help? I thought you are a Japanese.” YESS! high fives.

PS. The Shampoo alone comes with another Mini Bottles of Shampoo and Conditioner (Good for travelers out there!) Well look at that photo of the tip of the hair. From the looks of it, I thought the shampoo is really effective. Plus its Shiseido, what do I need to doubt? haha. Over biased reaction.

Price: SGD 18 (PHP 594 if conversion is 33)

Packaging: Very bulky and heavy (550 ML) but great pump design.

Smell: Very floral. Love it. However my sense of smell is really sensitive. Sometimes it gives me head ache and few sneezes.

Look more on this for ingredients and details: https://www.truerenu.com/tr/shop/favorite-departments/bath--shower/shiseido-tsubaki-shining-shampoo-with-tsubaki-oil-ex--550ml-pump-dispenser-4062.asp

I didn't know that Tsubaki is a Camelia Flower. Heh. Anyway, last night I first tried the shampoo along with the travel sized conditioner. I was really excited to take a bath. At first, I thought the shampoo application just gave me a normal feeling. When I used the conditioner, that’s when I felt that my locks were soft and smooth. (ERR of course its a conditioner) If the conditioner is the wonder product then too bad for me cause I only have the shampoo lol. And then after two days of using it, I actually like it. My hair is soft yeah but I still don't know within the next few days. And I love the smell after waking up cause the shampoo fragrance is so distinct in my head. I thought this is going to be my signature smell for the next few months. Also I noticed that my hair is quite tame today. Not really frizzy at all when I go out. Again, it is too early to tell the real results cause I was only using this for 2 days straight but as my initial score, I will give it:

4.5 ★★★★☆ (err I cant find a half shaded star please bear with the 4 stars haha)

04/30/10 EDIT: After a month of using this, I finally can say that I LOVE THIS PRODUCT so much!!! The fragrance is not really bothering me at all. My nose kindda get used to it. Yes, my hair is softer and smoother. My gorgeous blonde highlights is saved because of this shampoo!

Recommended? YES! for an $18 value, its a great try! especially if you are trying to save your color treated hair.

WOW just look at that commercial. And the girl in 00:07 is Maki! *not a fan really but oh wells she is famous in Japan hahah*

Finally, I already know what Yamapi felt when he used this shampoo haha.

 

 

xoxo

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin