Cosmetic and Make Up Reviews Recommended Products Skin and Isotretinoin Update Freelancing Diary Hauls and more Look good!

Monday, December 27, 2010

[Reviews] Queen Helene Mud Pack Masque + Avalon Organics COQ10 Wrinkle Defense Serum

DSC00479

Here in the Philippines for the holiday and I decided to stop by at Healthy Options! Missing this place so much :)Cat face

Today’s entry will be about the two products that I bought. Spring Fresh Deodorant will come next as I havent used it yet cause I don’t plan to use a deo at night? lol.

Queen Helene Mud Pack Masque with English Clay

DSC00486Very nice packaging in a tube. One thing a bit off is that as soon as you open it, tube is not closed in a foil (if you have used Dentiste’s toothpaste, you should know what I am talking about) which made me a bit hesitant due to sanitary purposes but nevertheless I still bought it.

Mud Pack Masque is the original old-fashioned, time-tested earth facial treatment with imported natural English Clay that works wonders for your skin. It's not only an effective pore cleanser, but also helps tighten loose, sagging skin on your face and neck and relaxes tired facial muscles to soften lines and wrinkles. Our Mud Pack Masque facial helps you look your best when you're preparing to go out for an evening or helps you relax before going to bed. No matter when you use it, your complexion will have a clearer, smoother, more youthful looking appearance. Read more: http://www.queenhelene.com/skincare_product_detail.php?id=72

DSC00489DSC00511

Tested it first on my hand and as you can see, the color is a bit pale brown. It easily gets dried in a matter of minutes if you apply it thinly. The smell? Reminds me of MENA. lol: http://www.menacream.com/mena_FacialCream.html which is commonly used by my Mother to hide her wrinkles away. I am beginning to think that the main ingredient of Mena Cream is also the same as this? Most probably…

I notice that when it dried, it really flaked like how a clay does when it dries. Makeupalley.com rates it well: with an Average Rating: of 4.2 and 84% would buy this product again. Here are the ingredients: Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Iron Oxides (CI#77492), Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben. So, I decided to test it on my face after.

FACE Testing:

queen helene

Okay lol I tested it on  my face and as you can see I put hearts on my eyes lol. Red heart

I used it after I took a bath, washed my face with gentle cleanser. (My cleanser is La Roche Posay Physiological Cleansing Gel – Review next time) I left the mask after 20 mins although the suggested time is only until 15 minutes. After which, I removed it in running water with a washcloth. The result? My face feels a bit tight, squeaky clean. Pores tightened. And I felt like I just had a botox! Naturally. I like it. Though as the experts say, a tight feeling of the skin doesn’t mean that the product is good! So we will see after using it in a month. I am planning to use it once a week though.

Verdict: StarStarStarStar  |    Recommended? Thumbs up Absolutely!  |  Price: Money PHP 329.00

I still plan to buy this next time: Mint Julep Masque which as they say, good as an overnight zit spot treatment.

Avalon Organics COQ10 Wrinkle Defense Serum

DSC00483DSC00484DSC00485

 

 

 

 

 

 

Serums, based on my researches have been effective as a skin enhancer, reviver and protector. Dr Schultz of DermTV keeps on saying on his website that: A good skin regimen involves A cleanser, toner, and an antioxidant in serum form. When put into the skin, serum is being sipped immediately expecting a much greater result than creams which has a larger percentage of other ingredients. Serums are concentrated, packed with vitamins that the skin needs.

So I was thinking of buying the Jason Hyper C Serum but I thought its not gentle on the eyes cause it says, I need to buy Ultra C for that one. Double money paid? Na my idea!

After using the Queen Helene, I let my face dry and pumped a few. I was quite surprised that the consistency of the product is a bit thicker. Hmmm. But when I applied to my skin, it dried easily. Good.

DSC00519DSC00522

I did exactly as what was written in the Directions for use: Apply small dots of serum and smooth over clean face and neck, with special attention to the wrinkle prone outer eye and mouth areas. Wear alone, under facial cream or under make-up. Perfect for day and night. Read more: http://www.avalonorganics.com/?id=84&pid=379

Verdict: StarStarStarStar  |    Recommended? Thumbs up Absolutely!  |  Price: Money PHP 735.00

 

DSC00492

 

For the Spring Fresh Deodorant: I just wanted to buy an organic deodorant. The smell is nice plus the price is not that hefty which is PHP 215.00. Must review it once used.

Overall, I am very satisfied with what I bought today at Healthy Options! Will continue to review more while in my holiday Cat face

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin